Thursday, April 30, 2015

Next step (order) Lord...




Someone asked recently, "Are the wood orders stacking up?" I was in the process of building the table pictured below. My response was that I can only build one thing at a time, and that though the Lord had clearly lead to and had provided for the start of this woodworking venture, my need to trust him daily for wisdom, provision, and work was probably NOT going to change. Three years ago my daughter Amber traded cinnamon rolls and had this Live By Faith sign made for my 45th birthday. It hangs over the piano in our dining room now as a constant daily reminder of God's daily plan and desire for my life. He obviously knew I'd be needing a big and unmistakeable reminder, as we continue the journey. "Give us this day our daily bread."


Robin's Family Table. 7'x48" rustic fir, 3" top with 6x6" legs and a 4x4" foot pedastal.
We delivered the Robin's table last Friday after the days Families On the Rock outing at Minnehaha in Spokane. Monday we again shared the Good news down at Minnehaha with an Exploring Families outing, and are currently waiting on the Lord to provide the "next order/work". 

If you or someone you know needs or would like a rustic (or not so rustic) table, bench, coffee table, or other furniture item or bunk beds, I would sure appreciate the work or inquirey, and can start on your project today. 509.445.1335 or climberswithchrist@hotmail.com.


Living by faith in his word daily is definately not the easiest road, nor is "waiting on the Lord", but I'm convinced it's what draws us the closest and what brings him the most joy. 

"The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD... Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."  (Lamentation 3, Psalms 27)





See what the Lord has done...

Yesturday we did complete the set up and leveling of the saw mill, and fired it up again for the first time since moving to our location here. Here's a few more photos of the Lords recent doings around here...

We can now turn round logs into square beams, circle
sawn lunber, and rustic furniture pieces. Give us a call.



The Lord provided a Makita Wire Wheel.
The Tool of choice for 
making new wood look "old"
and 
old wood "newer". Thanks Olson's.


mobile timber frame cabin/woodworking shop 
construction in process in the "inbetween times". 
Thanks again brother Shane.



Whittekiend's rustic post and mantle installed. 


The beam the builders rejected became the chief corner "beam".
10'x6' rustic hand hewn beam & cross project on Picket Road.

Rustic circle sawn beams and interior barnwood siding


I cut this fir on the sawmill, then hand hewed, wirewheeled,
stained, and installed on the Picket Road project up north recently. 



Please contact (Stan) me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment