Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The things God asks us to do are not always easy. Sometimes they are really hard. They require lots of focus and attention. Sometimes we are called out of our comfort zone. We have to rely on God's strength and not ours.
I was just reading in kisses from Katie about the statement "God will never give you more then you can handle". She was saying that God does give you more then "you" can handle. So that we have to trust Him to get us through. He wants us to "need" Him.  So that He can have all and do all. He will take over and do the impossible in our lives. He longs to have and take control in our lives.
What that being said, I am on a plan flying from Miami to Haiti. I just finished reading letters from my family. I cried like a baby. I miss them so much already and I am on day 1 of 50. I have a ways to go. After sitting and crying for a bit , I read what Katie had to say. I saw it as God's hand in my life. "Katie you don't have to handle this, I will. I have been with you so far and I will be with you forever."
The peace that comes with knowing that we can place our hearts in God's hands and He will be faith to handle what we cannot. God uses inadequate people. He creates beauty out of ashes. All He wants is a willing heart. I sit here hoping and longing for God's divine intervention, that He will teach, guide, protect, change, and use me for His glory. It is in our weakness that God is great. You can probably tell that I am pretty excited/nervous/scared/happy/anxious.
My prayer is that God will mold me more into the person that I need to be and that He wants me to be. God is faith to complete the good work that He has begun.
As I started this journey, I said good bye to my family, grandparents and friends at the airport. I had many phone calls, messages, and prayers of encouragement. I just want to thank you all for your support and prayers. I can't wait to see what becomes of this trip.
I love you all so much and I will try to keep you all posted with photos and stories.
Praying for you too.
 - Katie, in Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment